Monday, November 17, 2008

Mike Westbrook-2-17-81



Mike Westbrook Brass Band
Paris, Espace Cardin
February 17,1981

audience recording

The sound quality is rather fine to my ears, except it suddenly degenerates in the encores. I preferred not to include the final track as it had become totally unlistenable at that point; in contrast "Mama's Boogie" still sounds fine.

01. introduction
02. MW speaks
03. Free As A Bird
04. Kanonensong
05. Let The Slave
06. Goosewing
07. Knivshult
08. Ballad (Home On The Range)
09. Windy City Blues
10. Bordeaux Lady
11. band introduction
12. Mama's Boogie

Phil Minton - trumpet & vocals
Chris Biscoe - saxophones
Kate Westbrook - tenor horn, piccolo, vocals
Malcolm Griffiths - trombone
Mike Westbrook - piano, tuba, vocals
Steve Cook - bass
Dave Barry - drums


Part 1-http://sharebee.com/e07005cf
Part 2-http://sharebee.com/bd2459bc

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I wanted to thank you for this post I just found. To me, the late 70s and early 80s are the best period of M. Westbrook, and the Brass Band is my favourite of M. Westbrook's groups. And Phil Minton's voice is the best male voice. By the way, can you tell me what's the title of song you dropped?
Many many thanks